Lopressor (Metoprolol) is a beta blockers used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension), lowers high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. This medication is also used to treat chest pain (angina) and to improve survival after a heart attack. It blocks the action of certain natural chemicals in body, such as epinephrine, on the heart and blood vessels.
Indication for use
Lopressor (Metoprolol) can be taken by almost all adults and teenagers over 18:
· who have Arterial hypertension;
· who have Angina pectoris (including post-infarction);
· who have Arrhythmia (including supraventricular tachycardia);
· to prevente of cardiac death and re-infarction after the acute phase of myocardial infarction;
· as part of complex therapy for thyrotoxicosis.
· to prevent of migraine attacks.
Lopressor (Metoprolol) is not recommended to use if you have: hypersensitivity to the components of the medication; blockade of the II and III degree; heart failure, sick sinus syndrome; bradycardia, cardiogenic shock; arterial hypotension; bronchial asthma, a chronic form of bronchopulmonary diseases; metabolic acidosis; pregnancy, breastfeeding..
Dose and usage
Lopressor (Metoprolol): 25mg , 50mg ,100mg - white, round, flat tablets.
Before taking this medication consult with your attending physician.
Weakness, dizziness, headache, muscle cramps, bradycardia, arterial hypotension, depression, sleep disturbance, nightmares, dry mouth, hypoglycemia, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation are possible.
Availability of some side effects must be a reason for visiting the hospital.