* For illustration purpose only
|250 mg||30 pills||$104.30|
|250 mg||60 pills||$137.94|
|250 mg||90 pills||$153.65|
|250 mg||120 pills||$171.59|
|250 mg||180 pills||$191.78|
|500 mg||30 pills||$106.54|
|500 mg||60 pills||$144.67|
|500 mg||90 pills||$164.86|
|500 mg||120 pills||$185.05|
|500 mg||180 pills||$211.96|
Erythromycin - is a macrolide antibiotic which stops the growth of bacteria. This medication is used to treat different bacterial infections. It may also be used to prevent certain bacterial infections. But Erythromycin will not work for viral infections (cold, flu). Be careful: if you use antibiotic when it is not needed it can be useless future infections.
Indication for use
Erythromycin can be taken by almost all adults and children over 3 who have:
· Respiratory tract infections, including atypical pneumonia (tonsillitis, otitis, sinusitis) ;
· purulent-inflammatory diseases of the skin and its appendages;
· scarlet fever;
· infections of the skin and soft tissues, such as trophic ulcers, burns, furunculosis, pustular skin lesions, infected wounds;
· infectious lesions of the mucous membranes, eyes and diseases of the genitourinary tract that are caused by Chlamydia trachomatis.
Erythromycin is not recommended to use if you have: hypersensitivity to erythromycin or to macrolides; severe liver failure; pregnancy; lactation period.
Dose and usage
Erythromycin can be of different doses: 100mg, 250mg and 500mg – white round tablets. There is also Erythromycin ointment for external use.
Before taking this medication consult with your attending physician.
Adults: 4-6 tablets, or 2-4 tablets every 4-6 hours 1-1.5 hours before meals or 2-3 hours after meals.
For children aged 3 to 14 years, the daily dose is 20-40 mg / kg in 4-5 doses at regular intervals.
As any others medications Erythromycin can have in some cases side effects such as (very rarely): nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
Tell your doctor if you have some side effects or your condition worsens.
Last updated: 20.10.2020