Active Ingredient: Diphenhydramine
Utilization: Used to treat sneezing; runny nose; itching, watery eyes; hives; rashes; and other symptoms of allergies and the common cold
Available Dosages: 25mg
|25.0 mg||30 pills||€76.00|
|25.0 mg||60 pills||€158.00|
|25.0 mg||90 pills||€194.00|
|25.0 mg||120 pills||€232.00|
|25.0 mg||180 pills||€317.00|
|25.0 mg||270 pills||€449.00|
Benadryl is an antihistamine that is used to treat sneezing, runny nose, itching, hives, watery eyes and other symptoms of a cold. This medication works by inhibiting a natural substance histamine that your body releases during an allergic reaction. It also blocks neurotransmitter called acetylcholine, which results in treating symptoms like watery eyes and runny nose.
This medication comes in many forms:
● Oral: tablets, liqui-gels, chewable tablets, liquid solutions
● Topical: gel, spray, cream, stick
The active ingredient is diphenhydramine, while inactive ingredients vary considerably as the medication comes in many forms.
Dosage and indications:
The dosage of this medication depends on many factors: your age, your medical condition, the form of Benadryl you are prescribed.
The information below shows the recommended dosages that are commonly used. You should always consult your doctor for more precise instructions.
If you want to treat hay fever and allergy, the typical dose for adults is 25 to 50 mg every 4 to 6 hours. For children aged between 6 and 11, the dose is 12.5 to 25mg every 4 to 6 hours.
If you are treating common cold symptoms, the usual dosage for adults is 25 to 50 mg, for children (6-11 y.o.) 12.5 to 25 mg every 4 to 6 hours.
If you are dealing with pain and itchy skin from hives, insect bites, adults should apply Benadryl cream, spray or gel onto the affected area up to 3-4 times a day. The dosage for children aged 2 and older is the same as adults’.
Common side effects are:
● Dry mouth
Serious side effects are very rare, including:
● Decreased memory
● Increased heart rate
● Tell your doctor if you have diabetes, as liquid products and chewable tablets may contain sugar in them
● Be especially careful giving Benadryl to children, as they are more sensitive to side effects
● Old people are more sensitive to side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, confusion or trouble urinating.
● Limit alcohol intake and smoking while taking this drug
● It is not recommended to drive or do anything that requires clear vision, as the drug may cause blurred vision
● When pregnant, use this medication only if clearly needed